De Gemeynt carries out projects for business and industry, government agencies, NGOs and knowledge institutes, and often instigates activities of its own. A selection:
- Elaboration of the No Net Loss principle for biodiversity, for the Netherlands’ Taskforce on Biodiversity and Natural Resources; elaboration and assessment of several concrete No Net Loss initiatives.
- Reduction and compensation of the biodiversity footprints of companies and activities.
- Review of the Netherlands’ Biodiversity Policy Programme (main contractor: Bureau APE, The Hague).
- ‘Energetic Estates’: economic use of biomass and biodiversity on private estates.
- Gelderland Provincial Executive: development of small-scale gasification units for nature areas.
- Preliminary study for BEE Habitat Banking.
- Side-event on biodiversity business opportunities at National Sustainability Congress, 20 November 2012.
- Memorandum on land acquisition from the National Aerospace Laboratory (NLR) in the Noordoostpolder.
- Biodiversity ‘quickscan’ for Eneco.
- Implementation of habitat banking in the Netherlands en route to a Green Deal: a roadmap.
Energy and climate
- Green Gas Green Deal: rapporteur and broker for conclusion of the Netherlands’ Green Deal on Green Gas.
- Green Gas Roadmap.
- Gas Innovation Contract: support on substance and process for the Gas Innovation Contract (TKI) in the framework of the Dutch ‘top sector policy’/’energy top sector’.
- Small-scale LNG: preparatory work on the LNG Green Deal & LNG section of Gas Innovation Contract, substitution of heavy fuel oil by LNG in marine shipping and heavy road transport.
- Implementation of the Gas Innovation Contract.
- A Green Standard: consultancy and conceptualisation for a TNO methodology for monitoring and assessment of a sustainable chemicals industry.
- New routes for sustainable innovation: analysis of the Dutch climate for sustainable innovation and roads forward.
- Energy production on Maasvlakte-2: an exploratory study.
- Biodiesel from algae: an exploratory study.
- A new way ahead for oil refineries: what role can the refinery sector play in a transition to a sustainable energy economy?
- Electric transport in a higher gear: towards an ambitious and realistic development path for transport electrification.
- Eemshaven Pact: a social negotiation process in connection with new power plants near Eemshaven port.
- Green energy for the base load: development of a ‘virtual’ green power station delivering competitive and sustainable power for energy-intensive industries.
- Dialogue on CCS: expert and opinion-leader dialogue on Carbon Capture and Storage – need, utility, costs, safety, role of the Netherlands, government policy.
- Wadden Sea, Mussel Sea: a negotiated agreement and implementation plan for the mussel industry, for the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality and conservation and environmental NGOs.
- ‘Wadden Sea below Sea Level’ (Wadden onder de Waterspiegel) – the Meijer Commission 10 years on.
- Review of government regulations on Market Introduction of Energy Innovations (MEI-regeling).
- Public support for small-scale LNG: Trialogue on public support for LNG in shipping and heavy road transport.
- Review of complaints procedure for energy label for homes.
- Memorandum on Marketing of CO2 emission cuts from Dutch forestry projects.
- Preliminary advice on several grant applications for the Dutch Postal Code Lottery.
- Inventory of local CO2 crediting systems.
- Options for a voluntary Dutch carbon market.
- Gas in a long-term sustainable energy economy (Gilde): exploratory phase.
- Gas in a long-term sustainable energy economy (Gilde): implementation phase.
- Transition arenas for Gelderland province.
- Climate benefits, climate policy – a positive economic analysis.
- Review of policy options for Guarantees of Origin, for the Directorate-General for Public Works & Water Management (Rijkswaterstaat).
- Rewrite of Planet First! manifesto.
- Research and recommendations for the Veluwe Fund.
- Dutch Directorate-General for Public Works & Water Management (Rijkswaterstaat) and the circular economy.
- Advice on climate and energy for the Rabo Bank.
- Participation in External committee on environmental analysis of packaging.
- Consultancy on wind power around Emmen.
For a complete list of projects: email@example.com